The Bridgeport Waterfront Resort is committed to protecting the information that you share with us online, and explaining how we collect, process, and share that information.
Personal Information We Collect About You
We collect your Personal Information on the Site to enhance the services we offer you, maintain and improve the Site, protect the security of you and our Site, comply with legal obligations, and inform you about other services and products that may be available through us, or through our marketing alliances. We collect Personal Information about you when you interact with or utilize services offered on this Site, such as:
- Creating a profile with us;
- Making reservations, accommodation requests and payments;
- Consenting to marketing communications;
- Applying for a job;
- Submitting comments, reviews, or other user-generated content;
- Connecting or interacting with us through social networks (e.g., Facebook, Google+, Twitter); or
- Requesting customer or technical support.
Personal Information includes:
- Postal or billing address;
- E-mail address;
- Telephone or mobile number;
- Payment card information;
- Government identification (e.g., passport identification to verify traveler identities);
- Location via IP address;
- Device being used (for our mobile site);
- Cookies and similar technologies;
- Member hotel stay information;
- Your preferences regarding your member hotel stay (e.g. bed size, smoking versus non-smoking room); and
- Other relevant data.
Even if you do not provide us with any Personal Information, we collect certain non-personal information about how you use our Site. This information cannot identify you and is used for statistical purposes only.
Use and Sharing of Personal Information
We only process and share your Personal Information, including sharing with service providers or other external entities, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill your requests and meet our legitimate business and legal objectives. When we disclose Personal Information to external entities to perform services for us, we establish by contract that they may access your Personal Information only for the purposes of performing those services. We may also use what we know about you to offer you other products and services. We may combine your online information with information collected from offline or online sources, or information we already have. We may also use and disclose certain Personal Information to our affiliated companies and others for any purpose allowed by law.
We generally process and may disclose your Personal Information to others to:
- Provide you with products and services, including authenticating authorized users, and marketing our products and services;
- Perform certain services or other transactions initiated by you;
- Respond to your questions, complaints, or reviews of our product or services or those of our member hotels;
- Send you communications about online transactions, product information, ads and promotions, electronic newsletters, or other notices you requested or offers tailored to you;
- Enable our advertisers, where appropriate, to provide you with more personalized content, and track the effectiveness of certain advertising campaigns;
- Comply with applicable law, obey judicial orders, cooperate with law enforcement authorities, or prevent any suspected illegal activities;
- Help us run our business; or
- For any other everyday business purposes, such as product development and Site administration.
Security of Your Information
We maintain reasonable technical, electronic, and organizational security procedures to maintain the security of Personal Information, and safeguard Personal Information against unauthorized or unlawful processing and/or against accidental or unlawful loss, alteration, disclosure or access. Our security procedures include contractual terms with any contractors, agents or data processors that require such entities to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Information in accordance with our standards. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit. It is your responsibility to safeguard any email or password that you have created or used in connection with Bridgeport Waterfront Resort Site and to notify us if you ever suspect that the security and confidentiality of such email or password has been compromised in any way. You are solely responsible for any use of your Guest/Owner portal account via your email and password.
Retention and Storage of Your Information
We will maintain Personal Information for as long as we are required to do so by applicable law(s), or for as long as necessary for the purpose(s) described above for which it is processed. We will delete Personal Information when it is no longer needed and/or take steps to properly anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it (unless we need to keep your information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations to which Bridgeport Waterfront Resort is subject) and, in any case, upon expiration of the maximum storage term set forth by applicable law.
Bridgeport Waterfront Resort does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18, and users under the age of 18 should not submit any Personal Information to Bridgeport Waterfront Resort. If Bridgeport Waterfront Resort has actual knowledge that Personal Information about a child under 18 years old has been collected, then Bridgeport Waterfront Resort will take the appropriate steps to delete this Personal Information.
Cookies And Similar Tracking Technologies
Information Collected Through Technology. Information is also obtained in other ways through technology. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. In accordance with applicable law, Bridgeport Waterfront Resort uses and allows third parties to use essential and non-essential cookies, online tracking tools, web beacons, and similar technologies (collectively, “cookies”) on our Site. We process this information to help our Site function correctly, and better understand the needs of our customers.
Device Information. Depending on the permissions you’ve granted and other factors, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device when you download or use apps created by our Sites, including a unique identifier for your device. Examples of the device information we collect include:
- Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
- Certain device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals are gathered if you enabled the functionality within your device settings.
- Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services, and we encourage you to contact your device manufacturer for detailed instructions on how to do that.
Cookies on our Site generally fall into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas. These cookies are session cookies which are erased when you close your browser.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: These allow us to recognize and count the number of users of our Site and see how such users navigate through our Site. This helps to improve how our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily. These cookies are session cookies which are erased when you close your browser.
- Functional Cookies: These improve the functional performance of our Site and make it easier for you to use. For example, cookies are used to remember that you have previously visited the Site and asked to remain logged into it. These cookies are session cookies which are erased when you close your browser.
- Targeting Cookies: These record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to recognize you as a previous visitor and to track your activity on the Site and other websites you visit. These cookies qualify as persistent cookies, because they remain on your device for us to use during a next visit to our Site. You can delete these cookies via your browser settings. We will not collect these cookies from individuals in Europe without notice.
We also use certain information to identify new visitors to our Site, recognize returning visitors, advertise on other websites and mobile applications not affiliated with us, analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements, better understand our audience, customers, or other Site visitors, and determine whether you might be interested in new products or services.
Controlling Our Tracking Tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so, however, depends on your browser and the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject all browser cookies. If you configure your computer to block all cookies, you may disrupt certain web page features, and limit the functionality we can provide when you visit or use our Site. (e.g., we will not be able to provide you with searches that you have asked us to save). You can change your cookie settings at any time. Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are still not uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
Bridgeport Waterfront Resort
50 W Larch St
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235